Follow these steps to pair your white Cox Communications mini digital converter box, and connect to cable TV
- Plug in the TV, but leave it powered off.
- Insert the provided batteries into the remote.
- Plug your cable into the TV:
If your TV supports HD: Use an hdmi cable
If not: Use the coax cable
Do NOT use both types of cables
- Connect the power cable from the box to a nearby outlet.
If you are using a coax cable, make sure you are on channel 3 for the device to display once the TV is powered on.
- Turn on your TV, and wait for it to come up.
- On your remote, press and hold the “Setup” button until the “Power” button blinks twice, then release.
- Press and release “power.”
- Press and hold the “Setup” button until device turns off, then release.
- If you have an issue, refer to the programming guide included with the remotes for more ways to program your box.
- NEXT, PAIR YOUR REMOTE TO THE MINI-BOX. Select “Menu.”
- Select “Customer support.”
- Select “Technical support.”
- Select “Remote control pairing.”
- On your remote, hold the “Setup” button until it blinks twice.
- Press the “Cox menu” button.
- You will see a code appear onscreen. Enter the code.
- You will see a “Remote paired successfully” message.
- If you have any issues with a Cox mini box, remote, or cable TV service, follow these steps to call Cox for help.
Providence Cable Repairs
Basic cable television service is provided throughout campus in all res hall bedrooms. Follow these steps if you have issues with your cable:
- Call Cox Communications at 866-222-7686.
- When the call center agent answers, say “Rhode Island School of Design” and the name of res hall.
- Provide your physical address, (or ask a Res Life staff member).
- Identify the problem you are experiencing with your cable service.
- The agent will try to troubleshoot your problem. If it cannot be resolved via phone, he/she will schedule an appointment.
- If an appointment is scheduled, you must be in your room between the appointment times given.