New Student Move-In Day is scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 1, 2019 starting at 8:00 AM.
Click the links below for more information regarding YOUR move in day!
Shipping items to campus
before you arrive?
Download the shipping label PDF that is located on the orientation information page or at https://info.risd.edu/mail-services/#new-students
- ONE LABEL PER BOX/CARTON
- PLACE LABEL ON TOP OF CARTON TOWARD THE LOWER RIGHT CORNER.
- TAPE OVER LABEL WITH CLEAR PLASTIC TAPE.
- USE NEW BOXES ONLY, BOXES SHOULD NOT BE CRUSHED, TORN, OR OTHERWISE DAMAGED.
- Ship clothes, books, non-breakable items.
- Electronics, computers, stereos be brought with the student to minimize cost and potential damage if not packed properly.
- Boxes be no larger than 24”x24”x24”, the size of a small end table, and weigh no more than 70 lbs.
- TV’s, refrigerators, microwaves can be purchased locally and will be more cost effective than if packaged and shipped from home.
- Ship via UPS to ensure tracking capability and adequate insurance coverage. BRING SHIPPING RECEIPTS WITH YOU. If boxes are lost, we can help you track them down with this information.
- THE UPS STORE can help you package and/or ship your belongings.
To find the nearest THE UPS STORE to you, call 1-800-789-4623 or check the web at http://www.theupsstore.com.