As an incoming new student there are many forms that you will be filling out. Follow the following links for more information
- Housing application: Please follow the room selection dates and timeline. All first and second year students are required to live on campus.
- Medical housing accommodations: Any student who may need a housing accommodation based on a medical need must complete and submit these forms prior to being housed.
- Residency Waiver: Any first or second year (including transfers) looking to live off campus must complete this form to request off campus housing.
- Room Changes: Sometimes roommates or room location / type aren’t ideal for the student. We do our best to help accommodate all students. Please follow the steps outlined here.
- Vacancy Buyout: If student finds themselves in a shared room by themselves and wish to not have a roommate, they have the option of ‘buying out’ the other space.
- Long term guest policy: Transfers or new graduate students may wish to bring their partners to campus. In order to register the guests students can follow these guidelines.
- Rentals and Services: Moving to a new space is very exciting and comes with lots of little things to take care of. RISD partners with a few companies (microfridge, linen and laundry services, etc.) to help you make this transition an easy one.