CHECK IN INFORMATION
DATE & TIME: 8:00AM on Sunday, August 25, 2019
BEFORE YOU LEAVE:
- Know your hall and room number. This information will be emailed to students prior to their arrival.
- Label all of your belongings with your name, hall and room number – this will help staff identify where belongings should go
- We suggest using boxes, crates, and storage bins when possible. Picking up your closet full of hanging clothes and dumping it in your back seat is NOT good packing!
- Wrapping things in garbage bags will help keep them dry if the weather turns wet
- Pack your things in a way that you are okay with should someone else be carrying them – more than just you and your family may be helping you move into your new home!
NAVIGATING TO CAMPUS:
- Navigate to 30 Waterman Street, Providence, RI 02903
- From Route I-95 northbound OR southbound, take Exit 22A for Downtown Providence
- Go straight onto Memorial Boulevard and turn left onto Waterman Street at the 4th traffic light.
- Cross the river and continue up the hill and cross Benefit Street (you’ll pass the large, white, Baptist church on your left)
- 30 Waterman will be on your left a quarter-way up the hill; park on right side of road with hazards
WHEN YOU ARRIVE: Enter through the glass doors at 30 Waterman and proceed up the stairs. At the top, turn right and enter the Residence Life Office. Staff will be there to welcome and provide you with all check-in materials.
PACKAGES: Please visit
info.risd.edu/mail-services/#incoming-students for more information regarding shipping packages to campus prior to your arrival.
BRDD Orientation Information
Sunday, August 25 – Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Prior to the beginning of the fall semester, first-year BRDD students will move into their first-year residence hall at RISD. They will attend a special Dual Degree pre-orientation organized jointly by RISD and Brown and then choose a pre-orientation program to attend before the start of the RISD and Brown Orientations. First-Year BRDD students largely prioritize RISD Orientation, as they will be residents at RISD. Students are invited to participate in first-year group activities at Brown during Orientation and throughout the year. Additionally, students will participate in Brown’s First Reading Seminar Program and in Brown’s first-year advising meeting.
All BRDD first-year students must attend the Brown | RISD Dual Degree Pre-Orientation from Sunday, August 25, 2019 through Tuesday, August 27, 2019.
BRDD students must also participate in Brown TWTP, Brown International Orientation, RISD POSE, or RISD Project Thrive.
Space is limited in these programs and students must submit their applications according to program deadlines.