Check in date and time: 8:00AM on Thursday, August 31st.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE: Know your hall and room. This information has been emailed to students.
For 15 West:
A. Navigate to 15 Westminster Street, Providence RI.
B. From Route I-95 northbound or southbound take Exit 22A for Downtown Providence
– Go straight onto Memorial Boulevard and turn right onto Westminster Street.
– 15 West (Rhode Island Hospital Trust Company building) is on the corner of Westminster and Memorial.
For all other buildings:
A. Navigate to 55 Angell Street, Providence, RI
B. From Route I-95 northbound or southbound take Exit 22A for Downtown Providence.
– Go straight onto Memorial Boulevard and turn left onto Waterman Street at the 4th traffic light.
– Cross the river and continue up the hill and cross Benefit Street
– Continue up the hill and turn left at the lights onto Prospect Street
– Take a left onto Angell Street
– You will see students waiting to assist you at 55 Angell Street
When you reach the unloading zone, student staff will help unload your entire vehicle onto the sidewalk. Drivers must stay with their vehicles to be ready to quickly move the vehicle on to parking. You will receive a parking pass from staff for your car.
Keep in mind that:
Once you have unloaded, you will be directed to follow signs to park your vehicle.
The RISD Rides shuttle service will be looping campus to assist families with getting to and from locations, including parking.
Arriving after hours:
Students in 15 West arriving after hours should go straight to 15 West. Public Safety desk will have your ID and keys. They are open 24/7
Students in all other building arriving after hours should go to 30 Waterman Public Safety to get their ID and keys. They are open 24/7
Packages: All items with proper labels that were shipped to Jones will be delivered to the students rooms. Items that did not have proper labeling will be delivered to Homer Hall work room. The work room is located on the 4th floor of Homer Hall, just off of the upper Quad. There will be numerous signs, staff, and students on hand to direct you to that or any other space.