RHODE ISLAND SCHOOL OF DESIGN
2017‐2018 Dining Contract
To print a copy of the contract go to; 2017-2018 Dining Contract
Any student participating in a RISD meal plan acknowledges, therefore, the need for socially responsible behavior. They recognize the role of the Dining Staff in promoting such behavior and will accept reasonable disciplinary action for disregarding such behavior.RISD, as an artistic and academic community, intends to provide an atmosphere where art, design, study, and learning can take place alongside healthy recreation, relaxation and social development. This balanced atmosphere is dependent upon the willingness of all RISD community members to associate in such a way that personal freedom and responsibility co‐exist. Our on campus dining services provides RISD community with quality, delicious, and artfully prepared food.
The student agrees to abide by all rules and regulations pertaining to Dining Services during the period covered by this agreement as outlined herein, and within the Student Handbook available online at http://www.risd.edu/Policies/Student_Life/. This contract covers both Academic Year, and Summer Session programs.
Students do not need to submit a signed copy of this form. The act of selecting a meal plan online indicates acceptance of the terms of the Dining Contract.
Contract Dates and Meal Plan Periods
|Student Type||Summer Term||Fall Semester||Winter Session ***||Spring Semester|
|First Year Students *||‐||Sun 9/3/17 – Sat 12/16/18||Sun, 1/1/18 – Wed 2/7/18||Sat 2/10/18 – Sat 5/26/18|
|Transfer Students *||Variable||Sun 9/3/17 – Sat 12/16/18||Sun, 1/1/18 – Wed 2/7/18||Sat 2/10/18 – Sat 5/26/18|
|Entering Graduate Students*||Variable||Sun 9/3/17 – Sat 12/16/18||Sun, 1/1/18 – Wed 2/7/18||Sat 2/10/18 – Sat 5/26/18|
|Returning Students||Variable||Mon 9/4/17 – Sat 12/16/17||Sun, 1/1/18 – Wed 2/7/18||Sat 2/10/18 – Sat 5/26/18|
|Graduating Students||Variable||Mon 9/4/17 – Sat 12/16/17||Sun, 1/1/18 – Wed 2/7/18||Sat 2/10/18 – Sat 5/26/18|
|Continuing Education Students||Variable||By Request||By Request||By Request|
|* Some new students will be invited to participate in a pre‐orientation program and may be invited to campus earlier depending upon the program.
**Winter Session dining is included at no extra cost for students who participate in a meal plan for the Fall, Spring, or entire academic year. Students requiring only Winter Session meal plan should contact the Dining office to inquire about Winter Session only pricing.
Dining hours and options will vary during certain times of the year. See Dining Services for complete details.
Academic Year Dining Plans
Academic Year Dining Plans are as follows
|Meal Plans||Meal Swipes and Dining Points||Other perks|
|Foundation Plan||Unlimited MET access with 1 meal swipe daily at another* dining facility. $500 dining points per year.||6 guest meals per year, 2 exchangeable Ozzi containers and one celebration cake.|
|Residential Plan||2 meal swipes daily at any dining facility. $1500 dining points per year.||6 guest meals per year, 2 exchangeable Ozzi containers and one celebration cake.|
|Flex 7-60||120 meal swipes per semester at any dining facility. $2000 dining points per year.||6 guest meals per year and 2 exchangeable Ozzi containers|
|Flex 5-40||90 meal swipes per semester at any dining facility. $1400 dining points per year.||6 guest meals per year and 2 exchangeable Ozzi containers|
|Connect 3-25||50 meal swipes per semester at any dining facility. $850 dining points per year.||4 guest meals per year and 2 exchangeable Ozzi containers|
*Note: Carr Haus does not accept meal swipes.
Academic Year Contract Cancellation Policies
For students living off campus during the Academic session (September – May), this contract is binding for the entire 2017‐2018 academic year. The contract may be cancelled for the following reason:
|Timeline / Cancellation Fee Cancellation Reasons|
|$0||A) Completion of degree requirements mid‐year.
B) Withdrawal from or taking an official leave of absence from RISD mid‐semester/year (refund policy applies).
C) Participation in a RISD approved study abroad program along with notification to Dining Office by August 1st or December 1st for spring semester.
*All cancellation appeals can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Meal Plan Refund Policy for Withdrawals and Leave of Absence Students
Full-time students who withdraw or take a leave from RISD after the semester begins are charged a portion of their board as follow;
|Withdrawal during Board portion charged|
* Begind on move in day through the first day of classes
Academic Year Dining Plan Changes
Academic Year Dining Plan Changes are done as follows:
|Change Type Change Guidelines|
|Student requesting to cancel their meal plans||A) No meal plan contracts may be cancelled after the second week of fall semester, for students attending AY 17-18 or for the fall semester. No meal plan purchased for the spring semester may be cancelled after the first week of spring semester. Omission of meal plan contract fees from tuition payments to the Business Office does not constitute cancellation of a meal plan. Contracts may only be cancelled if:
· Completion of degree requirements mid‐year.
· Withdrawal from or taking an official leave of absence from RISD mid‐semester/year (refund policy applies).
· Participation in a RISD approved study abroad program along with notification to Dining Office by August 1 or December 1st for spring semester.
|Student requesting to lower their meal plan||After classes begin, students may change their meal plan during the first 2 weeks of fall semester. Changes to lower meal plan after this date will not be granted|
|Student requesting to up their meal plan||Student may up their meal plan anytime during the academic year.|
* All dining plans are for a full academic year.
**Students moving on campus mid-year will be required to be on a meal plan based on the room type.
Medical Accommodation Policy
RISD Dining looks to support student needs bearing in mind that this is a community meal plan. Specific accommodation requests should be addressed first with Brittany Goodwin, Disability Support Services, email@example.com. After informing Disability Support Services, exception requests would be submitted to the Associate Director, Pierre St-Germain, via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All cancellation requests based on medical accommodations must have accompanying professional documentation sent to Health Services, email@example.com. Please note that documentation does not guarantee cancellation, RISD Dining strives to work with students to ensure that they can participate in the communal dining program to enrich their student experience.
Emotional Support, Therapy, and Service Animal Policy
As stated by law, only service animals (dogs or miniature horses) are allowed in dining facilities on campus.
Students may not bring support or therapy animals into venues and will be asked to remove the animal if present.
Dining Services Guidelines
- All RISD rules, policies and procedures apply within all of the RISD Dining facilities.
- Meal plan contracts are billed per semester
- RISD ID cards must be presented when making a meal plan purchase, ID cards present by someone other than the person pictured will be confiscates.
- Meal plans and points are non-transferrable; students wishing to “treat a guest” must be present and use a guest meal, which are available on all meal plans, or pay for their guest with Dining points.
- Meal plans and points may not be used to pay for fines, outstanding balances with student accounts, equipment, art supplies or anything outside the standard offerings of the dining facilities.
- Meal plans and points may not be transferred or donated to any individual or organization unless otherwise stated by Dining Services.
- The removal of any dining hall property from any of the dining halls, which include but are not limited to plates, cups, forks, knives, is prohibited from any of the dining facilities.
- Food and beverage removed beyond the cashier stand without payment is considered theft. If a student is purchasing a meal to-go they should put food products in an Ozzi to-go box (green). Students will work with the Student Conduct office with theft charges.
- Only RISD recognized groups are allowed to distribute written materials or make presentations in the dining areas, with permission from the Associate Director of Dining Services (See posting policy for specific regulations Section III D)/
- Non-employees are not permitted in kitchen and food preparation areas, unless under the supervision of a Dining employee.
For further explanation of the rules and regulations stated above, consult the Student handbook or contact Dining Office at (401) 454‐6360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.