RHODE ISLAND SCHOOL OF DESIGN
RISD, as an artistic and academic community, intends to provide an atmosphere where art, design, study, and learning can take place alongside healthy recreation, relaxation and social development. This balanced atmosphere is dependent upon the willingness of all RISD community members to associate in such a way that personal freedom and responsibility co‐exist. Our on campus dining services provides RISD community with quality, delicious, and artfully prepared food.
Any student participating in a RISD meal plan acknowledges, therefore, the need for socially responsible behavior. They recognize the role of the Dining Staff in promoting such behavior and will accept reasonable disciplinary action for disregarding such behavior.
The student agrees to abide by all rules and regulations pertaining to Dining Services during the period covered by this agreement as outlined herein, and within the Student Handbook available online at http://www.risd.edu/Policies/Student_Life/. This contract covers both Academic Year, and Summer Session programs.
Students do not need to submit a signed copy of this form. The act of selecting a meal plan online indicates acceptance of the terms of the Dining Contract.
Contract Dates and Meal Plan Periods
Academic Year Dining Plans
Academic Year Dining Plans** are as follows
*Note: Carr Haus does not accept meal swipes. Dining Services will announce any exceptions.
**No meals from any plan roll over from semester to semester, however points roll over on all plans within the Academic Year.
*** The Residential Meal Plan makeup is being assessed and will be finalized by March 1, 2019. The cost of the meal plan will not change.
Academic Year Contract Cancellation Policies
For students living off campus during the Academic session (September – May), this contract is binding for the entire 2018‐2019 academic year. The contract may be cancelled for the following reason:
*All cancellation appeals can be made by emailing email@example.com
Meal Plan Refund Policy for Withdrawals and Leave of Absence Students
Full‐time students who withdraw or take a leave from RISD after the semester begins are charged a portion of their board as follows:
* Begins on move in day through the first day of classes.
Meal plan contracts are billed twice during the academic year. First semester meal plan values begin on September 1, 2019. Second semester meal plan values begin on January 17, 2020.
Academic Year Dining Plan Changes
Academic Year Dining Plan Changes are done as follows:
* All dining plans are for a full academic year. Students moving on campus mid‐year will be required to be on a meal plan based on the room type.
Early Arrival Request
Medical Accommodation Policy
Given that the health and wellbeing of our community are profoundly important, RISD takes special care to honor the dietary needs and customs of individual students. Specific medical accommodation requests should be addressed first with Disability Support Services via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. After informing Disability Support Services, exception requests would be submitted to the Menu Manager, Maureen Young via email, email@example.com
Medical accommodations cancellation requests must have accompanying professional documentation sent to Health Services, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that documentation does not guarantee cancellation, RISD Dining strives to work with students to ensure that they can participate in the communal dining program to enrich their student experience.
Emotional Support, Therapy, and Service Animal Policy
As stated by law, only service animals (dogs or miniature horses) are allowed in dining facilities on campus, and must be escorted by the student at all times. Students may not bring support or therapy animals into venues and will be asked to remove the animal if present.
Dining Services Guidelines
- All RISD rules, policies and procedures apply within all of the RISD Dining facilities.
- Meal plan contracts are billed per semester.
- RISD ID cards must be presented when making a Dining purchase.
- RISD ID cards presented by someone other than the person pictured(without health services approval) will be confiscated. An email will be sent to the owner of the ID card to retrieve ID in the Dining Services Office. If ID card is not picked up by dining venue closing time, it will be given to Public Safety or Campus Card Services.
- No meals from any plan roll over from semester to semester, however points roll over on all plans within the Academic Year.
- Meal plans and points are non‐transferrable; students wishing to “treat a guest” must be present and use a guest meal, which are available on all meal plans, or pay for their guest with Dining points.
- Meal plans and points may not be used to pay for fines, outstanding balances with student accounts, equipment, art supplies or anything outside the standard offerings of the dining facilities.
- Meal plans and points may not be transferred or donated to any individual or organization unless otherwise stated by Dining Services.
- The removal of any dining hall property from any of the dining halls, which include but are not limited to plates, cups, forks, knives, is prohibited from any of the dining facilities.
- Food and beverage removed beyond the cashier stand without payment is considered theft. If a student is purchasing a meal to‐go they should put food products in an Ozzi to‐go box (green). Students will work with the Student Conduct office with theft charges.
- Only RISD recognized groups are allowed to distribute written materials or make presentations in the dining areas, with permission from the Associate Director of Dining Services.
- Non‐employees are not permitted in kitchen and food preparation areas, unless under the supervision of a Dining employee.
For further explanation of the rules and regulations stated above, consult the Student handbook or contact Dining Services at (401) 454‐6360 or email@example.com