Check in date and time: 8:00AM on Wednesday, August 28th.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE: Know your hall and room. This information has been emailed to students.
For 15 West:
A. Navigate to 15 Westminster Street, Providence RI.
B. From Route I-95 northbound or southbound take Exit 22A for Downtown Providence
– Go straight onto Memorial Boulevard and turn right onto Westminster Street.
– 15 West (Rhode Island Hospital Trust Company building) is on the corner of Westminster and Memorial.
For South, East, Homer, and North Halls:
A. Navigate to 55 Angell Street, Providence, RI
B. From Route I-95 northbound or southbound take Exit 22A for Downtown Providence.
– Go straight onto Memorial Boulevard and turn left onto Waterman Street at the 4th traffic light.
– Cross the river and continue up the hill and cross Benefit Street
– Continue up the hill and turn left at the lights onto Prospect Street
– Take a left onto Angell Street
– You will see students waiting to assist you at 55 Angell Street
When you reach the unloading zone, student staff will help unload your entire vehicle onto the sidewalk. Drivers must stay with their vehicles to be ready to quickly move the vehicle on to parking. You will receive a parking pass from staff for your car.
Keep in mind that:
- To help identify your belongings, and to protect them from any inclement weather (fingers crossed), please make sure everything you pack is labeled with your name and room on it (masking tape works great).
- We suggest using boxes, crates, and storage bins when possible. Picking up your closet full of hanging clothes and dumping it in your back seat is NOT good packing!
- Wrapping things in garbage bags will help keep them dry if the weather isn’t cooperating with us!
- A group of student workers will be on hand to help you load your things into your hall, so you don’t need to do it all alone! That said, be sure to pack your things in a way that you are ok with someone else carrying them.
Once you have unloaded, you will be directed to follow signs to park your vehicle.
The RISD Rides shuttle service will be looping campus to assist families with getting to and from locations, including parking.
Packages: Please contact the RISD Mailroom (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions regarding shipping your belongings to campus prior to your arrival.